The 2021 Workshop on Classification and Subject Indexing in Library and Information Science (LIS’2021) is held in conjunction with the joint virtual conference “Data Science, Statistics & Visualisation and European Conference on Data Analysis 2021” (DSSV-ECDA 2021). The conference will be held online on July 7-9, 2021, hosted by the Erasmus University Rotterdam.
The Workshop on Library and Information Science (LIS’2021) will take place on Friday, July 9, 2021.
Contributions are solicited on the role of classification and data analysis in this domain. Topics in these areas include but are not limited to:
- Classification and subject indexing in the context of catalogs and resource discovery systems
- Methods, approaches and applications in subject indexing, classification and data analysis in different countries
- Open Access to classification systems: How can we provide a sustainable classification infrastructure?
- Linked (subject) data (E.g. Faceted classification and Linked Data architectures: a happy alignment?)
- Classification, Subject indexing and the Semantic Web (E.g. Taxonomies and Semantic Web Ontologies: how closely are they related to each other?)
- Automatic and manual methods in Classification and Subject indexing (E.g. Mappings, concordances, heuristics)
- Classification of research data
- Subject retrieval in multilingual and multicultural environments
- Serendipity in library collections and digital libraries
Workshop languages are German and English.
Participants intending to present a talk are invited to submit an abstract with about 150-300 words in length. The deadline for abstract submission is May 30, 2021.
Please address your abstracts to: email@example.com
All abstracts will undergo a reviewing process.
Scientific Program Committee
* Ulrike Junger, Deutsche Nationalbibliothek Frankfurt/Leipzig, Germany (Chair)
* Ewald Brahms, University of Hildesheim, Germany
* Andreas Geyer-Schulz, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
* Stefan Gradmann, KU Leuven, Belgium
* Michael Mönnich, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
* Magnus Pfeffer, Hochschule der Medien Stuttgart, Germany
* Heidrun Wiesenmüller, Hochschule der Medien Stuttgart, Germany