The workshop on „Classification and Subject Indexing in Library and Information Science“ (LIS 2019) will be part of the European Conference on Data Analysis (ECDA 2019) and will be held at the 7th Library Congress Leipzig, March 18-21, 2019.
LIS 2019 solicits contributions on the role of classification and data analysis in this domain. Topics in these area include but are not limited to:
- Classification and subject indexing in the context of catalogs and resource discovery systems
- Methods, approaches and applications in subject indexing, classification and data analysis in different countries
- Open Access to classification systems: How can we provide a sustainable classification infrastructure?
- Linked (subject) data (E.g. Faceted classification and Linked Data architectures: a happy alignment?)
- Classification, Subject indexing and the Semantic Web (E.g. Taxonomies and Semantic Web Ontologies: how closely are they related to each other?)
- Automatic and manual methods in Classification and Subject indexing (E.g. Mappings, concordances, heuristics)
- Classification of research data
- Subject retrieval in multilingual and multicultural environments
- Serendipity in library collections and digital libraries
The workshop languages are German and English.
Participants intending to present a talk are invited to submit
an abstract via the conference website of the Library Congress:
Please state that your contribution will be part of the LIS Workshop (Field: Dieser Beitrag passt … zur Sitzung).
All abstracts will undergo a reviewing process.
Please note that the abstract submission deadline is September 10, 2018.
Accepted contributed presentations may be published as post conference peer-reviewed full papers in the open access e-journal Archives of Data Science.
Scientific Program Committee
* Frank Scholze, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany (Chair)
* Ewald Brahms, Univ. Hildesheim, Germany
* Andreas Geyer-Schulz, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
* Stefan Gradmann, KU Leuven, Belgium
* Monika Lösse, German National Library Leipzig, Germany
* Bernd Lorenz, FHÖV Munich, Germany
* Michael Mönnich, KIT Karlsruhe, Germany
* Magnus Pfeffer, HdM Stuttgart, Germany
* Heidrun Wiesenmüller, HdM Stuttgart, Germany