6th German-Japanese Workshop on Advances in Data Analysis and Related New Techniques and Applications was held on August 11th and 12th, 2017 at Tama University, Shinagawa satellite Campus in Tokyo, Japan. The chairperson of organizing committee was Tadashi Imaizumi (Tama University).
The speakers and the titles of their talks were as follows:
- Ensemble methods in classification and clustering,
Berthold Lausen(University of Essex)
- Applying tensor decompositions to author name disambiguation of common Japanese researcher names,
Kei Kurakawa (National Institute of Informatics) and Yasumasa Baba (The Institute of Statistical Mathematics).
- Lorenz Curves, Gini index and… Bacteria,
Alfred Ultsch (University of Marburg).
- Variations of Ward method for non-Euclidean spaces and a two-stage algorithm,
Sadaaki Miyamoto (University of Tsukuba),
Yuuto Tamura (University of Tsukuba) and Yasunori Endo (University of Tsukuba).
- Cluster-Scaled Forecasting Method for High-Dimension Low-Sample Size Data,
Mika Sato-illic (University of Tsukuba).
- Screening for ordinal class structures,
Ludwig Lausser (Ulm University), Lyn-Rouven Schirra (Ulm University), Florian Schmid (Ulm University), Robin Szekely (Ulm University) and Hans A Kestler (Ulm University).
- Gini index penalized canonical covariance analysis for three-mode three-way data,
Jun Tsuchida (Doshisha University) and Hiroshi Yadohisa (Doshisha University)
- Components, Cluster (and Correspondence): A data driven approach to consumer behavior segmentation,
Karsten Luebke (FOM Hochschule für Oekonomie & Management) and Oliver Gansser (Dortmund).
- Classification of influences for SNS text data regarding radiation,
Takafumi Kubota (Tama University).
- Data Science-Is the impact of Statistics significant?
Claus Weihs (TU Dortmund University).
- Meta-Analysis with Symbolic Data Approach,
Masahiro Mizuta (Hokkaido University).
- Singular Least Squares and the Analysis of Simple Conjoint Experiments,
Andreas Geyer-Schulz (Karlsruher Institut für Technologie).
- “New” Techniques for Site Engineering: Kano and Jobs-to-Be-Done Revisited,
Daniel Baier (University of Bayreuth), Franziska Kullak* (University of Bayreuth) and Herbert Woratschek (University of Bayreuth)
- Customer Segmentation with Qualitative Comparative Analysis,
Yuki Toyoda (Hosei University)
- Omni-Channel Overview-Business Trends and Research Reviews in Marketing Science,
Hiroyuki Tsurumi (Yokohama National University).
- Guiding supervised classification algorithms via semantic knowledge,
Hans Kestler (Ulm University)
- Study on Globalization of Japanese companies Based on Text Mining,
Atsuho Nakayama (Tokyo Metropolitan University) and Komoda Fumio (Saitama Gakuen University).
Diagnostic Classification of Student’s Knowledge States based on Their Item Response Data,
Yuan Sun (National Institute of Informatics), Shunya Inoue (Tokyo Kasei University) and Yi Sun (University of China Academy of Science).