The AG MARKETING is a working group of the Data Science Society (GfKl), which deals in research or practice with problems of data analysis and classification in marketing.
The AG MARKETING focuses on quantitative marketing research and bundles the competencies of scientists and practitioners from the marketing sector. In particular, modeling approaches, the development of advanced quantitative methods for data analysis in the marketing context, and the application of such methods to solve relevant practical problems form the core content of the AG MARKETING.
The Research Area of AG MARKETING
The increasing availability of marketing data poses great challenges to marketing managers today. In particular, marketing managers are expected to make informed marketing decisions based on marketing data. For decision support, marketing data (market data and data from experiments on varying aggregation levels) build the input for marketing models.
The development of powerful models and the preceding investigation of markets or consumer preferences are, therefore, indispensable requirements for successful marketing decisions. Important fields of research include, for example, the development of marketing theories as well as the modeling and testing of these theories using empirical data. Furthermore, the continuous further development of advanced techniques for data analysis and classification is essential.
Main interests and topics of the AG MARKETING
- Quantitative-empirical marketing research
- Quantitative models in marketing
- Marketing theory and concept development
- Advanced data analysis techniques with marketing application
- Classification procedures with marketing application
- Market simulations and optimization methods in the marketing context
Activities of AG MARKETING
Besides special meetings during the annual conference of the GfKl, the AG MARKETING will organize independent workshops.
Selected conference contributions from special interest groups at the annual meetings of GfKl and independent workshops of the working group are published in „Special Issues“:
- 1st Working Group Meeting: Special Issue ‘Advanced data analysis techniques with marketing applications’ in the Journal of Business Economics (VHB: B)
- Paetz, F., Geyer-Schulz, A., Steiner, W.,J. (2020), Report on the First Working Group Meeting of the “AG Marketing”, Archives of Data Science, Series A (Online First), 7(1).
- Paetz, F., Guhl, D. (2020), Report on the Second Working Group Meeting of the “AG Marketing”, Archives of Data Science, Series A (Online First), 7(1).
Form of Organization AG MARKETING
The AG MARKETING is designed as a formal working group of the Data Science Society (GfKl). The participation in the working group can be declared to the current leader of the AG MARKETING by an informal letter – also by E-Mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Formal membership in the GfKl is desired but not a requirement for participation in the working group. AG MARKETING does not charge a membership fee. The head and deputy head are elected every three years at a general meeting of the AG Marketing at the annual conference of the GfKl. Since November 2019 the AG MARKETING is led by PD Dr. Friederike Paetz, Clausthal University of Technology, and by Prof. Dr. Daniel Guhl, Humboldt University Berlin, as deputy head.
Head of AG MARKETING:
PD Dr. Friederike Paetz
Clausthal University of Technology
Institute of Management and Economics
Department of Marketing
Tel.: +49 5323 727682
Deputy head of AG MARKETING:
Prof. Dr. Daniel Guhl
Assistant Professor of Consumer Behavior
Humboldt University Berlin
School of Business and Economics
Institute of Marketing
Spandauer Str. 1
Tel.: +49(0)30 2093 99486