CALL FOR PAPERS
The submission of abstracts for ECDA2019 is closed. More than 150 abstracts have been accepted for presenting, including 11 Plenary Talks and Special Sessions on interesting research themes like „Interpretable Machine Learning“, „Biostatistics and Bioinformatics“, or „Consumer Preferences and Marketing Analytics“. Also, parallel to conference talks, a Workshop on Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM) by Marko Sarstedt (University of Magdeburg) took place on Wednesday (March 20, 2019, 9:00-17:00). Please see the conference agenda.
ECDA solicited contributions to theoretical as well as application-oriented research on topics in the realm of data science, with a specific focus on data analytics. With its motto „Multidisciplinary Facets of Data Science“, ECDA 2019 specifically emphasized the important interplay of disciplines involved in data science, most notably statistics and computer science. Topics of interest included, but were not limited to the following:
- Theory and Methods: Big Data; Clustering, Classification, Discrimination and Regression; Data Science; Databases and Data Management; Data Mining, Text and Web Mining; Data Visualization; Dimension Reduction; Image Analysis and Computer Vision; Impact of Technical Revolution and Library Science; Knowledge Representation and Discovery; Machine Learning; Mathematical Foundations of Data Science; Multivariate Methods; Online Algorithms and Algorithms for Data Streams; Social Network Analysis; Statistical and Econometric Methods; Symbolic Data Analysis.
- Applications: Archeology; Biostatistics; Business and Management; Economics; Education; Engineering; Finance; Geosciences; Industrial Automation; Linguistics; Marketing; Medicine and Health Care; Musicology; Psychology; Risk Management; Social Sciences.
Accepted abstracts were published in the Book of Abstracts and made available at the conference, in the conference app, and on this website.
Full papers can be submitted for publication (after acceptance) in two special issues:
- a Special Issue „Multidisciplinary Facets of Data Science: Proceedings of the European Conference on Data Anaylsis 2019“ of the Open Access-KIT Scientific Publishing-Journal „Archives of Data Science, Series A“ (see Formatting Guidelines, deadline for submission: May 15, 2019) and/or
- a Special Issue „Learning in Data Science: Theory, Methods, and Applications“ of the Springer-Journal „Advances of Data Analysis and Classification“ (see Call for Papers, deadline for submission: June 30, 2019).
- Abstract submission: open until
December 31, 2018
- Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection:
January 15, 2019
- Early bird registration deadline:
January 31, 2019
- Registration deadline:
- Conference at the University of Bayreuth, Germany:
March 18-20, 2019
- Full paper submission for Special Issue in Archives of Data Science: May 15, 2019
- Full paper submission for Special Issue in Advances in Data Analysis and Classification: June 30, 2019
In the case of additional questions, please contact:
|Archives of Data Science
|Advances in Data Analysis and Classification