CALL FOR PAPERS
The submission of abstracts for ECDA2019 is closed. More than 150 abstracts have been accepted for presenting, including 11 Plenary Talks and Special Sessions on interesting research themes like „Interpretable Machine Learning“, „Biostatistics and Bioinformatics“, or „Consumer Preferences and Marketing Analytics“. Also, parallel to conference talks, a Workshop on Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM) by Marko Sarstedt (University of Magdeburg) took place on Wednesday (March 20, 2019, 9:00-17:00). Please see the conference agenda.
ECDA solicited contributions to theoretical as well as application-oriented research on topics in the realm of data science, with a specific focus on data analytics. With its motto „Multidisciplinary Facets of Data Science“, ECDA 2019 specifically emphasized the important interplay of disciplines involved in data science, most notably statistics and computer science. Topics of interest included, but were not limited to the following:
- Theory and Methods: Big Data; Clustering, Classification, Discrimination and Regression; Data Science; Databases and Data Management; Data Mining, Text and Web Mining; Data Visualization; Dimension Reduction; Image Analysis and Computer Vision; Impact of Technical Revolution and Library Science; Knowledge Representation and Discovery; Machine Learning; Mathematical Foundations of Data Science; Multivariate Methods; Online Algorithms and Algorithms for Data Streams; Social Network Analysis; Statistical and Econometric Methods; Symbolic Data Analysis.
- Applications: Archeology; Biostatistics; Business and Management; Economics; Education; Engineering; Finance; Geosciences; Industrial Automation; Linguistics; Marketing; Medicine and Health Care; Musicology; Psychology; Risk Management; Social Sciences.
Accepted abstracts were published in the Book of Abstracts and made available at the conference, in the conference app, and on this website.
A Special Issue of the „Advances of Data Analysis and Classification“ Journal with selected conference presentations is also planned.
- Abstract submission: open until
December 31, 2018
- Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection:
January 15, 2019
- Early bird registration deadline:
January 31, 2019
- Registration deadline:
- Conference at the University of Bayreuth, Germany:
March 18-20, 2019
- Full paper submission: May 15, 2019
PUBLICATION / FORMATTING GUIDELINES
Accepted abstracts were published in the book of abstracts and made available at the conference, in the conference app, and on this website.
Accepted presenters have the possibility to publish a full article in a special issue of „Archives for Data Science, Series A“ (conference volume ECDA2019).
The Deadline for the submission of full papers is May 15, 2019. Please note in the submission comments field your session and the shortcut „ECDA2019“.
When preparing your article, you should carefully follow the author guidelines.
The paper should have a length in the range of 10-14 pages.
In the case of additional questions, please contact:
|Archives of Data Science
|Advances in Data Analysis and Classification