CALL FOR PAPERS
The submission deadline is over, more than 150 submissions have been accepted for presenting at the conference, including 11 Plenary Talks and Special Sessions on interesting research themes like „Interpretable Machine Learning“, „Biostatistics and Bioinformatics“, or „Consumer Preferences and Marketing Analytics“. Also, parallel to conference talks, a Workshop on Partial Least Squares Structural Equation Modeling (PLS-SEM) is organized for Wednesday (March 20, 2019, 9:00-17:00) by Marko Sarstedt, University of Magdeburg.
ECDA solicits contributions to theoretical as well as application-oriented research on topics in the realm of data science, with a specific focus on data analytics. With its motto „Multidisciplinary Facets of Data Science“, ECDA 2019 specifically emphasizes the important interplay of disciplines involved in data science, most notably statistics and computer science. Topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following:
- Theory and Methods: Big Data; Clustering, Classification, Discrimination and Regression; Data Science; Databases and Data Management; Data Mining, Text and Web Mining; Data Visualization; Dimension Reduction; Image Analysis and Computer Vision; Impact of Technical Revolution and Library Science; Knowledge Representation and Discovery; Machine Learning; Mathematical Foundations of Data Science; Multivariate Methods; Online Algorithms and Algorithms for Data Streams; Social Network Analysis; Statistical and Econometric Methods; Symbolic Data Analysis.
- Applications: Archeology; Biostatistics; Business and Management; Economics; Education; Engineering; Finance; Geosciences; Industrial Automation; Linguistics; Marketing; Medicine and Health Care; Musicology; Psychology; Risk Management; Social Sciences.
Besides, ECDA will feature several special sessions on interesting research themes within the scope of the conference, e.g., special sessions on Interpretable Machine Learning (organized by Johannes Fürnkranz and Ute Schmid) or on Biostatistics and Bioinformatics (organized by Dominik Heider). A full list of all special sessions can be found here.
- Abstract submission: open until
December 31, 2018
- Notification of abstract acceptance or rejection:
January 15, 2019
- Early registration deadline: January 31, 2019
- Registration deadline: February 15, 2019
- Full paper submission: May 15, 2019
Titles and abstracts are submitted in plain text (no LaTeX, no .docx). The length of an abstract should be around 300 words (with 500 words as a strict upper bound). Formatting guidelines for full papers will be provided after the conference.
SUBMISSION PROCEDURE AND ACCESS TO SUBMISSION/REGISTRATION
Abstract submission was open until December 31, 2018. You can still register to participate in ECDA2019 here.
Accepted abstracts will be published in the book of abstracts and made available at the conference. Accepted full papers will be published in the Journal „Archives of Data Science, Series A“.